itero® digital impression system
CONVENTIONAL VS DIGITAL IMPRESSIONS
No more goop, gagging, or discomfort. Using an iTero scanner, your orthodontist can take a highly accurate digital impression of your teeth and jaw. The new technology completely eliminates the tray and putty impressions, where the experience is comparable to stuffing a big wad of gum in your mouth. The old technique is incredibly unpleasant and frequently results in taking multiple rounds of impressions that can be rejected, broken, or misplaced. The iTero scanner ensures a more accurate impression from the start, resulting in improved treatment and a more comfortable patient experience. Digital impressions also give you the ability to see your teeth instantly in 3D, improving communication during the consultation and treatment process.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The iTero scanner digitally captures the structure of the teeth and gums using the latest optical technology. The scanner is a compact, hand-held wand. Once your orthodontist begins the scanning process, it can be stopped and started as many times as necessary.
Your mouth is scanned with a radiation-free laser, and in as little as two to three minutes, the laser renders a digitally perfect, 3D impression of your teeth and soft tissue structures. Through digital software, you’ll then be able to follow the progress of the scans, including a 3D model of your teeth on our computer screen. The iTero scanner can be used for any orthodontic treatment, including Invisalign®.
The i-CAT FLX Cone Beam 3D Imaging System allows your orthodontist to provide quick, comfortable, and effective imaging for the most precise orthodontic diagnosis possible. i-CAT FLX technology provides 3D data for:
- Orthodontic evaluation and treatment planning
- TMJ treatment
- Airway assessments and sleep apnea
- Full facial and jaw 3D images
Patients can take advantage of a more complete orthodontic treatment with i-CAT FLX imaging. Its innovative features include:
- One eight-second scan that provides your doctor with enough data for a complete diagnosis
- Visual iQuity™ advanced image technology delivers clear, precise 3D and 2D images
- Full dentition 3D imaging at a dose lower than a 2D Panoramic X-ray with QuickScan+
- Increased comfort: patients are seated in an open environment with plenty of space
- Ergonomic Stability System minimizes patient movement and reduces the need for retakes
- The SmartScan STUDIO™ allows your doctor to select the appropriate scan for your needs with an ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) radiation dose
Our office is pleased to offer i-CAT FLX 3D imaging to our orthodontic patients. Come and see for yourself what it’s like to receive a more advanced, patient-friendly orthodontic experience. Call us today to schedule an appointment.